Friday, November 7, 2008

Story Time--with, the NOT so baby anymore, Haley!!

Ok so this memory still brings warm and fuzzies to my heart and now that I got the picture from Ben, I feel like I can share it with you!! :) A couple months ago I went to Ben and Joy's for my, "Birthday dinner." It was VERY fun. Joy's parents were there and her niece, Tressa, was there as well...it was a party. We had a good time, Joy prepared a wonderful dinner, and I even got the "Special Plate," which was a big deal at our house when we were growing up. (And I haven't had it since) After dinner we were sitting around talking and Ben told me to go check out their bedroom. Joy had redecorated and the bed spread was, "Oh my gosh, you have to go see it and feel it for yourself!!" Haha...It really is a beautiful masterpiece!! Very elegant...Anyway, the story of it is I hadn't gotten on the bed yet, just had touched it and marvelled at the whole room really. I helped Haley get up on the bed, she had a book with her, and acted like the Queen of the Castle, haha. It was soo CUTE!! She had her back up against the pillows, with the book open, as if she was reading it and her legs crossed. I laughed and was enjoying watching her when she looked right at me and patted the spot next to her, like you would do if you saw your friend and wanted him/her to come sit by you, and I could hear her saying, "Aunt Tina, come sit by me." (Even though she clearly can't talk yet) It was the sweetest thing EVER!! I just love her, she's so precious!! Can't wait to have some of my own SOMEDAY!! :) This picture is a random picture from this past Summer. I had slept over at Ben & Joy's and gone with them to Megan's soccer game. Haley looks like she's not happy about me holding her, but I love the picture anyway!! :)

3 comments:

Joy said...

I am glad to hear that you had a happy birthday. I remember that night, Haley was too funny

Unknown said...

BOTH of you are so cute!

Unknown said...

Tina... I missed you last week. Thanks for helping out Joy while I was gone! Love you!