Monday, October 13, 2008

S.O.S. Please Someone Help Me

Ok so this story happened awhile ago, but i retold it recently and thought it was Blog worthy. :) This past August, the day my roommates and I moved out of our apt., (Aug. 21), we had to be present for clean checks. Not only was the Supervisor in charge of checking our apt. late, but she was a tad bit picky...luckily she allowed us to fix the details she pointed out. My roommate Kendra was in charge of the stove and apparently they were NOT scrubbed shiny enough for her liking. She recommended Kendra purchase some S.O.S. pads, scrub them down again, and she would return to recheck them. I didn't want to leave Kendra to do this alone, as we had all lived there and therefore contributed to the black ick stuck on the burners, so I told Kendra I would help. We went to Target and searched and searched through the kitchen/cleaning isles for these pads. (Kendra had never heard of them, which i was kindda surprised about...our family had them by the dozen it seems, so i thought everyone knew about them) I decided to STOP wasting time looking and instead go ask someone who worked there if they knew where we could find them. The only employee I could find at the time was a cashier, who was actually checking out another employee who seemed as though she was going to lunch. The cashier could tell I was in a hurry and somewhat puzzled and asked if she could help me with anything. I asked if she knew what isle I could find S.O.S. pads. She got this confused look on her face and asked me to repeat what I was looking for. I told her again and she HAD NO IDEA what S.O.S. pads were. (Am i that old that I can say S.O.S. pads are from "my day??!!" I couldn't help but thinking, seriously come on now!! Geez...i won't even get started on what i proceeded to think, as she was a blonde...) She asks me, is that make-up?? Umm, NO!! AND the other employee looks at me and says, "Oh i think I know what that is, it's medicine, isn't it??" Umm, NO!! What the?? I told them nevermind and chuckled as I walked away. It was pretty funny to me, but at the same time REALLY made me feel like I never imagined I would, OLD!! At that point, I figured we could just stop by a grocery store on the way home, as that's where I've seen and purchased some before. Sure enough, we found them at a local Smith's, went home, scrubbed our black burners, till they looked like Sparkling Beauties!! Oh the joy's of everyday life!! :) This is a picture of my dear friend and used to be roommate, :(, Kendra...Oh how i miss her!! We used to have soo much fun talking, laughing, watching shows together and movies...She comes from a beautiful family and I'm so glad I've gotten to know her and have her as a friend!! :) Love you!! P.S. This is NOT her favorite pitcure of us, but she sacrificed in letting me use it for my post!!

10 comments:

Jeannette said...

what in the world?! how do people not know about glorious S.O.S. pads?! what is this world coming too!!! thats pretty hilarious, i wish i was there, i can just see your face trying to explain to them what they are, im laughing right now just thinking of it:) thats a good story, you should share some mo!! love you

Unknown said...

LOVE this! I was waiting for you to tell us that the cashier lady was going to think that they were some form of feminine protection.
Funny. Clearly these people do not spend time scrubbing stuck on things in their kitchens.
Keep posting!

shirlgirl said...

Oh brother!! I cannot believe that someone doesn't know what an S.O.S. pad was--there are also Brillo pads that do the same work, but I like S.O.S. better. These people who don't know what these things are probably never clean their house either!! Aunt Shirley

Jo Jo said...

You make me proud! You come from great stock ;-) Amy Jo

clarsen said...

I too, was waiting for you to say they told you where the feminine protection area was, but they weren't even that smart! Thanks for keeping me posted on your life. Love ya!

Shannon said...

How in the world can people not know what S.O.S pads are! When that girl asked you to repeat it I was sure she was going to think it was some type of maxi pad - that would have been hilarious!!!

Sabra Palmer said...

All the previous posts here have been my sentiments exactly! The Target employees have obviously never done hard scrubbing or they would know what this is. It isn't that you are old Tina--just taught how to work.
I say that you know you are old when you can remember something that happened 20 years ago. LOL. That's when I decided I was getting old. :) Love ya.

Natalie said...

Too funny! I can't believe that they wouldn't know what they are...I guess I used to wish I didn't know what they were cause I hated using them to clean!! :)

Unknown said...

See there Tina... You can thank good old Mom for all those days scrubbing pots and pans in the kitchen. How lucky we were to grow up with a Mom who cooked... even if it resulted in needing a little SOS :)

Ben

Anonymous said...

I agree with the Palmers...not that you are old, only that you were taught how to work. And you are a good worker. No body cleans a bathroom like you...toothbrush and all.
Thanks for all your efforts in our home.
mom