Wednesday, October 8, 2008

BEWARE of BOA CONSTRICTORS

This post is dedicated to the girls I work with, Hillary, (she's the one who actually told me this story), Jenn, Jimi, and Rebecca. The Four of us, Jenn, Hillary, Jimi and I all share the same office at work, which can be fun, but can have its moments (haha)...Anyway, the fun side of it is we constantly shoot the breeze about random topics, jokes, or even questions one of us will ask. And with the four of us being so different, our conversations get so interesting and so funny at times, and usually we seem to incorporate our stories or jokes into later conversations throughout the day. This past Monday (6th), I'm not sure how we got started talking about it, but Hillary told us this INSANELY, CRAZZY story about a Boa constrictor. I have this indescribable FEAR of SNAKES, always have and always will, so when she first told the story i tuned out. But later, as it was repeated over and over again, I wanted to hear it, and even tried to retell it myself adding my "own add-ins" of how i thought it went down. (haha) But here it is, so see for yourself and tell me what you think: Hillary's husband's Sister works @ the Provo Hospital and heard this story there: A family living in Springville owned a Boa constrictor as their family pet, I repeat, AS THEIR FAMILY PET. (whatever) Anyway, this "family pet" slept at the foot of the bed. It ate mice that the family kept in cages in the Garage, apparently it would slither off the bed to get its own food...Until all of a sudden they noticed it stopped eating and thought it was sick. The Mom took it into the vet to get it checked out. The vet told her there was nothing wrong, so she took it home, but it still continued to NOT eat. One day, (this is my add-in), she was in the kitchen fixing a turkey sandwich, wathching the Red Sox play, when she got a panick attack and started to worry about her family's precious pet, so she decided to go check in on it. (Ok this part is really what happened) She went into the bedroom and saw the Boa constrictor stretched out length wise on HER side of the bed...it was unusual. She called the Vet and told him what was going on and he told her it was sizing her, measuring her, to EAT her and she NEEDED to put it to sleep A.S.A.P. or even shoot it. (This is where i screamed and got a sick feeling in my stomach and where the Lady passed out with visions of the Snake's WIDE open mouth about to eat her...again, my add-in) But the story goes that she didn't want to put her FAMILY PET down and was torn about doing so, (this is where i CAN'T relate!!), but brought it back into the Vet and had it put to sleep. Can you belive that after what the Vet told her, she BROUGHT it back into him again??!! I seriously would've arranged for that beast to SHOT A.S.A.P./I wouldn't have even had the pet to begin with!! People can be SO CRAZZY!! I heard that story, got the hee bee gee bees and thought i'd share it with you!! :) These are the girls I work with, minus Jenn...I still NEED to get a picture with her!! (From left to right: Hillary, Me, Becca, and Jimi)

6 comments:

Jeannette said...

Thats a true story?! Oh my-lanta! How on earth could that be?! (I totally have the shivers) Remind me to never get one of those things...eeww

Unknown said...

double ew.
nasty slithery things!

Jo Jo said...

This is such a boy story - thanks for giving me a good one for the boys. Amy Jo

Gilbert Family said...

Ok...here's a different perspective :) I actually think snakes are really cool (doesn't mean I am not alittle jumpy around them) BUT (if that story is true) it just makes me mad that people think that exotic animals make good pets!! All those crazy people who own tigers, wolves, SNAKES...need to realize that they are NOT pets and that they are WILD animals that need to STAY in the wild!! Too many animals have to be euthanized because of the ignorance of some people!! ARGHH...it just makes me mad!!

Natalie said...

SO gross! Just the part about the snake sleeping on teh end of the bed was enough for me! ewww

Tracy said...

Ha ha... I love that story. That is so awesome/gross.