Friday, July 17, 2009

THE RED, WHITE & BLUE!!

"I Thank God for my life And for the Stars and Stripes May Freedom forever fly, let it Ring. Salute the ones who died The ones that give their lives so we don't have to sacrifice All the things we love..."
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 4th of July!! I always have!! I think I get a lot of my Patriotism from my Mom...ever since I can remember she taught us to vote, be loud about our opinions and support our Country/Government in any way we can. I appreciate the Freedoms & Rights we have in America. I tip my hat to the troops, to the Men and Women who fight for us, for our Nation and who give--no matter what the cost!! My cup runneth over!!
For the past couple years I've been hearing about the Idaho Falls Fireworks Show like crazzy. Some of my best guy friends are from Idaho Falls and after they found out 4th of July is my favoritest Holiday, they've talked it up nonstop--telling me it's the best Show West of the Mississippi. I hadn't had a chance to go...UNTIL this year. With Jeannette & James living in Idaho Falls I was soo THERE!! I left early from work on the 2nd and later that nite the Celebration began!! We went to the 9:50pm showing of Transformers, what a movie!! Wow!! I was soo enthralled. Haha one of my guy friends said it was the, "Movie of the Year." I may actually agree with him. Friday Jeannette & I spent the day together while James worked on his piece of work Acura. Haha. We ran some errands, got pedicures and just well had fun Sister Time. :) That nite we met up with Scott & Cheri & their kids for Fireworks in Rigby. Haha, on the way there we got a little lost and ended up having to call my friend Kaleb for help. Haha, the two of us together...seriously we need a navigation system, I NEED A NAVIGATION SYSTEM. Haha...good times and thanks to Kaleb we made it!! Rigby is a quaint place really, and the Fireworks Show was nice.
Saturday we spent the day on the Green Belt, along the Snake River, of Idaho Falls. From 11am till about 10:30pm, we walked around, went to the Farmer's Market, played with Doc, BBQ'd, played games, hung out with Friends and well just shot the breeze really. It was exhausting, but soo worth it!! The Fireworks were spectacular!!

I enjoyed this year's 4th of July immensely--especially the part where i was with near and dear Family & Friends!! I was one HAPPY GIRL!! Thank you Jennie and James for being willing to make my Favoritest day so SPECIAL!! :)

While Jennie and I were running errands, we drove past this field of Flags. I've never seen anything like it, it was soo touching. I've NEVER seen anything like it. Very Inspiring!! P.S. As a side note: I am in LOVE with the Snake River. It's soo beautiful and peaceful!! I can't get enough of it. Every time I drive to Idaho and get to the point on the Highway where you can see it--there's even a sign to point it out--I absolutely get excited!! It's soo breathtakingly gorgeous. This is a picture of Jennie and I--it was taken awhile ago--along the Green Belt of the Snake River...see the beauty for yourself!! :)

7 comments:

Jeannette said...

Ehem, you forgot to mention the flag pictures were taken by your awesome photographer sister! Haha, I still love you:) That was an awesome weekend, good times!!
Loved this post, way to pay tribute to an awesome holiday:)
Love ya!

Jo Jo said...

Good times. Thanks for getting us caught up. It was nice to read about your Mom and something she was able to give to you.

Joy said...

Fun to see your pictures!

Unknown said...

Check you out!
Nice to hear from you~
P.S. Idaho would be west of the Mississippi, not south [grin]
xoxo

Tina said...

Haha, thank you Amy--but just to clarify i'm talking about OUR Mom!! :)

Tina said...

And JenJen...haha remember how i'm NOT good with directions--need that Navigation System...that would be why. Thank you for your help!! :)

Adam and Anya said...

Total fun Tina! You've got style! Miss you.