Thursday, July 9, 2009

Family + Fun + Laughter = the BEST Warm Fuzzy Feelin EVER!! :)

Oh my!! Don't fall out of your seat, don't open your mouth so wide with shock that you let a bug fly in, and DON'T pee your pants with excitement...cause I'm BAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCccccccccccccccccKKKKKKKKKKK!! Haha. Lately, I've gone back to basics...its been ALL ABOUT the FAMILY!! And i have LOVED every minute. Without sounding too cheesy or mushy i will say this...I have not always valued my family and seen how amazing my Parents and each and every one of my siblings are. What they stand for, how they serve, how strong they are, and most of all their ability to LOVE. I feel blessed and special to call you mine!! :) Thanksgiving One of my favorite things about living in Utah, is Ben & Joy and their kids. They live so close by me and are my SAFEHAVEN from the storm, if you will. I don't tell them nearly as much as I should, but I LOVE you and Utah would NOT be the same without you. Thank you for feeding me, sharing holidays with me and watching N.C.I.S. with me...Haha. (Also, I know most of you East Coasters are jealous he's here and not there...Lucky me!! :) ) Thanksgiving was spent eating, talking, reading Ben's book/novel he's writing (AND NEEDS TO FINISH, haha), laughing, playing, sleeping and well just enjoying each other's company. :) Ben stole my phone, and took this picture in the middle of all the chaos. Cute!! Feliz Navidad I went to Jeannette's again this year for Christmas. We had a blast, despite the heartache I felt, and I can honestly say there's no where else I would've rather been, than with my Bestest friend and her husband. :) We went to dinner at PF Changs, MMMmmm, James took me for rides on his Motorcycle, we went offroading in the Boonies of Missouri--haha we got lost and found a cave and a huge house, which I call the "Whitehouse" of Missouri--and Jennie even took me to the Stateline so i could be in two places at once!! James bought Jeannette an adorable Dog whom she named Doc. He's soo loveable & cuddly...we all loved curling up next to him!! James scored some big points with that one!! :) Jennie made me a Moosie from Build-A-Bear. What perfect timing. She knows I love Moose's and she made it all herself with tender love and care. She stuffed it with...and customized a jacket with the Red Sox logo on it and even reccorded me a message, it's one of our inside jokes...very sweet gift...THANK YOU!! It was a memorable Christmas, one that made me realize how grateful I am for our savior, for his birth and this year, I received the greatest gift of all...he saved me!! In February James & Jeannette came to visit UTAH!! YAY!!...Cause Christmas wasn't enough. :) James bought a Truck when they came out and I convinced him to get it stuck in a snow bank in the parking lot of Wal-Mart. Haha...ok so i didn't know it would get stuck...i just wanted to off road in the snow. Can you blame me?? It was funny, we always have such good times when we're together. We watched the Superbowl at my apartment, spent a couple days in Idaho visiting our friend Scotty, his wife and kids, and the rest of the time we hung out with Ben & Joy and the kids. It was a Blast!! But the bestest part was finding out James and Jeannette were moving to Idaho!! YAY!! The West, I, have missed them dearly!! Becky, my saving grace, came to visit Utah too, in March!! It was a sweet treat to see her & Ben...it had been too long!! We goofed off, had many, "little talks," and just enjoyed being with each other!! Due to Benji getting sick, they ended up staying longer than originally planned and while circumstances were not the best, I took advantage of the exxtra time with them and drove up to the Hospital they were staying at several times. Haha we laughed, watched American Idol, and teased the nurses. We're troublemakers together but still so loveable. :) Miss you!! Naomi & Derek were nexxt to visit!! They came for about a week or so and it was so special/they're special!! :) The Sunday they were here we went to church in Ben & Joy's ward and drove to Bridal Vale Falls after. We walked the path and took in its breathtaking beauty!! Haha, it felt so good to be with them, i felt so YOUNG and ALIVE--especially while we hiked the Y, HA!! They had to wait for me practically the whole time...oh dear, i hate to say it but i'm getting old!! But hey, at least i did it and for the most part enjoyed it!! We also went to the Kennecott Copper Mines in South Jordan...Wow, what a BEAUTIFUL place filled with colored minerals, dump trucks & interesting information I never knew!! It was definately a trip worth making and who better to go with then two teenagers on break...haha the learning NEVER stops. We shared funny pictures, laughed our guts out, came up with a word of the day and used it as often as we could and well basked in each other's company!! Typical. (Haha, that's an inside joke. :) ) P.S. We still send each other funny pictures and words of the day. AND recently, as in a couple weeks ago, Jennie came to visit me again but this time...ALL BY HERSELF!! Oh it was sooo amazing to have Sister time. We went to dinner, 2 movies (My Sister's Keeper--which we cried our eyes out in...We knew we would, so we took before & after pictures, it's always a photo shoot with us--and The Proposal--which we laughed our hearts out. Perfect chic flick. :) ), went to the pool with Ben & the kids and shopped till we dropped. It was a cherished weekend. I LOVE my SISTER and am soo glad she only lives 3 hrs. away!! Haha, this is Jennie & I's, "Before & After pictures from My Sister's Keeper..."

11 comments:

Jeannette said...

Yes!!! I love it!!! That was awesome, way to go Idaho:) You should have put the pictures up of our tissues! Haha, good times:) Im so glad your back, Ive missed you on here! Love you millions:)

Tracy said...

AHHHH!!! I was not the first to post! Oh well. I'm proud of you for finally updating your blog! You have been living it up girl! I love all your pictures. You are beautiful!
It is a good thing I don't have to rely on your blog to know what is going on with you.... who knows when you will post next! j/k, but I don't love having you as a rommie! Love ya!

Joy said...

Cute blog! Love reading about everything. Boy time sure does go by fast...we sure love having you in Utah with us!

Unknown said...

So much news! Wow.
So nice to hear from you!
XOXO
Jenny

Becky said...

Great post...don't stay away so long next time. Thanks for the shout out to me and for the pictures. I had a blast with you. Now if I could just get you to move to NH...;)

Anonymous said...

Good synopsis, TIna...Family really becomes important when they are not there...so good that they are still there.

Love
mom

Kayla said...

wow, you actually blogged! this never happens. You are too beautiful Tina.

Sarah said...

I miss you and Love you Aunt Tina!!!

whitty said...

Tiners! It's so good to see you :) I am proud of you for blogging. Maybe we can alternate months-you blog this month, I'll blog next...

I totally miss you. I want to hear all the updates! You rock.

Alana said...

What a whirl wind summary. Its good to hear from you Tina. Loved your pictures. Glad everything is going well in Utah.

Unknown said...

More!... we want MORE!
:)