Monday, September 8, 2008

M is for Missouri (a)

Mis·sour·i Pronunciation: /mɪˈzʊəri, -ˈzʊərə/ [mi-zoor-ee, by some residents mi-zoor-uh] –noun, plural -sour·is, (especially collectively) -sour·i for 3. 1. A state in the central United States. Capital Jefferson City area 69,697 square miles (180,515 square kilometers), population 5,595,211 2. (My Definition) Home of my Sister and BESTEST friend EVER (Jeannette), and her husband, James. Where rain is the common form of weather, people DON'T have to go to Driving School, therefore have no understanding of HOW TO DRIVE!!, and... Haha...ok ok, all joking aside, Missouri really is a lovely place, ish...I've only been there on the hollidays so maybe i'm not the best judge though. :) This past Christmas was my first trip out. I came at an interesting time...there had been an ice storm about a couple weeks or so before and the State was in recovery. Luckily when i got there, there was power and heat. James and Jeannette were working on remodeling their home, and i was grateful they let me come and be part of the chaos. I had such a blast just spending time with Jennie, we have so much fun together no matter what we do. I also had fun getting to know James and it just felt like the three of us have been friends for a long time. We spent Christmas with Jared, James' best friend, and his family. They were so nice to invite us for breakfast and keep us till dinner. :) We took rides on the ATV, Jared's Sister's husband was generous enough to let us, played Guitar Hero, took naps, and of course ate. James took me for a ride on the ATV and i'm pretty sure my face says it all. haha. Jennie and I had some fun with the camera too. :) 4th OF JULY was my NEXT trip!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the 4th OF JULY and this year i was exxtra excited to be spending it with James & Jeannette and even Jared!! :) I got there on Thursday the 3rd at about midnite...And of course Jennie knew how to start the trip off, with her camera in hand at the airport ready to take a picture as i'm walking out to meet them. Haha, OH DEAR. We spent the 4th with Jared and his family again. We had dinner and played some more Guitar Hero, talked and went to the park for the fireworks. My favorite was the after party!! They bought about $400 worth of fireworks and lit them off in James & Jeannette's front yard. BEST firework show EVER!! I was in my place!! I love fireworks and fire and lighting things off and the smell...Mmm good times!! :) The rest of the trip was spent laughing, playing games, watching movies, running errands with Jeannette, teasing James and supporting him while he rebuilt this old truck he bought, going on a special date with the cutest boy ever... it was one of the BEST trips i've EVER had!! Missouri 2008 is a memory i will cherish forever!! :)

8 comments:

Jo Jo said...

Hello Tina. I'm sorry I'm a couple of days late wishing you a happy birthday! You go girl! Have you lost weight? You're looking skinny, and good, girlfriend. Miss you. My computer was just hooked up this weekend, I have no one living in my house, and feel, after a short half of a year without the husband, that life is getting back to some normalcy. Love you, Amy Jo

Becky said...

Thanks for posting - don't wait so long next time. I am so glad you had a really fun time. We miss you and can't wait to see you next summer.:)

Unknown said...

More! I feel like a starving sister! It was so great to get some more information. Love you!

Jeannette said...

Once again, Im not first to comment:( I will get you one of these days!!! We really did have some good times, I cant wait till you come out again!! Hurry!!! I miss you!!!! Love you too:)

Kelli Burton said...

you are gorgeous! love that last pic of you and Jared.

Ben Hutchins said...

Tina Bina! Great stuff. I love the pictures you posted. Welcome to the blog world.

Joy said...

Fun to read your posts and see your photos. We love Tina, even if she is the meanest babysitter ever :) Just kidding. We do love YOU, and love have you in town.

shirlgirl said...

Hi Tina--Glad to hear all is going well with you, that you are happy, loving your job, and having fun. And, belated Happy Birthday on the 6th of September! I should always remember, because that is Uncle David's and my wedding anniversary (28 years this year). I don't know where the time went. I'm off applepicking to Carlson's in Harvard today with a high school friend (we've been friends for over 50 years)! Take care. Love, Aunt Shirley